Back in December I mentioned my piffling experience with chainmail, and I showed you a horrendous picture of my first attempt back in 2010…
…and my failed translation of this picture…
…into this wonky looking tree.
After that I invested in a couple of kits, figuring that proper instructions provided with the right supplies was probably a good way to go.
I started with this kit, available from BeadSisters.co.uk
The BeadSisters kits are absolutely fantastic. They come with everything you need apart from the pliers.
Including all the teeny tiny findings.
I think this particular one was a good one to start with. It didn’t have a million different types of ring…
…and was fairly easy to get started.
In fact, I didn’t have any problems at all.
That’s a lie, there was a stage near the end that was a complete pain in the butt. It wasn’t that I was doing it wrong, it was just very very fiddly.
But it was a joy when I finally got the hang of it.
And when I finally finished the piece, I was very chuffed. I’m looking forward to the many other kits I have 🙂 And to buying a few more.