Good news! It hasn’t been a year between installments this time 🙂
31) Where do you store your WIPs?
All over the place – by my armchair, under my sewing desk, by my bed. Wherever I put it down last, really. I have a lot of WIPs.
32) What was the last project you had to frog? Why?
I’ve been working on various versions of a scarf using this amazing yarn called Mini Mochi (it’s discontinued now unfortunately) except that I kept changing what I want it to look like – and what amount of yarn I have available for it. So I kept frogging it back. Unfortunately it’s very fine, and made mostly of wool, so it does not frog well – it kinda melts to itself and you end up with lots of knots and tears. Which is why, in my current version some of the colour fades don’t look quite right.
33) What is the most frustrating experience you’ve had with a project?
The scarf above I think. But it’s finished now, and it’s gorgeous!
34) Have you ever sold your work?
I have! I sell all sorts of random bits of pieces, all of which you can find by clicking the SHOP link at the top of the page, or by clicking HERE.
35) Have you ever finished a full sized blanket?
I have finished several. My first ever knitted project…
(forgive the horrible photograph). This is called The Loom, because my baby sister who was quite young at the time couldn’t pronounce “heirloom” which I told her it was going to be.
I’ve also made a VERY large blanket for my other sister and her husband as a wedding present, which wasn’t quite finished in time and ended up being a Christmas present.
I’ve made a rainbow crochet square quilt…
and a Tunisian crochet quilt.
I’m also working on several others. I am a little addicted.
36) Have you ever had an interesting interaction with a stranger for crafting in public?
The occasional conversation with someone on the bus when I’m knitting. Nothing worth talking about really.
37) Have you ever had a household member complain about the size of your yarn stash?
Nope. One of the advantages of being single and living alone.
38) Have you ever been to a crocheting/knitting circle or club?
Absolutely. My friend and I started a Stitch & Bitch at our university way back in 2007, but it didn’t last long after we left. And there was a group at my local library I used to go to.
39) Have you ever written a pattern to share with others?
The first iteration of my store, many many years ago was a store on Etsy called Celeena Cree Creations where I sold crochet, knitting, cross stitch and blackwork patterns. Those patterns will be going up on this store at some point in the future.
40) Have you ever purchased yarn only to decide you hated it?
By the time I was finished making the Loom, I was really REALLY sick of that yarn. I can’t recall what it was though.