I’m getting better at this. It’s only a month since the last part this time.
41) Have you ever bought craft supplies in bulk?
Quite often. If you know you’re going to use them, it’s cheaper in the long run.
42) Have you ever participated in a crochet/knit along?
A couple. I started making Sophie’s Universe a few years ago but couldn’t decide what yarn I wanted to use and decided to make three. I got distracted and ended up with two small Sophies and a stalled one. I have since turned the two small ones into cushions…
…and I fully intend to finish the other one at some point.
43) Have you ever completed a year-long project? (Mood blanket, temperature blanket, etc)
Many projects that have taken more than a year, but no specific year-long project.
44) Knitting, crocheting or both?
Both. And cross stitch. And embroidery, and badge making, and beading, and hama beads, and sewing. I like to say that if I don’t already do a craft it’s probably on my list of crafts to try. I do a lot of them.
45) Patterns or improvised?
Depends on the craft. Generally with knitting and crochet I’ll follow patterns.
46) Stick to one project or keep multiple going at once?
Hahahahahahahahahaha! At last count my list of WIPs was more than 40.
47) Wind new yarn or leave it as it is?
I usually leave it as it is, until it it’s mostly used and collapses into a tangle. I don’t mind tangles though. I find untangling them to be quite therapeutic.
48) Buy supplies online or in person?
Online is nearly always cheaper. We don’t have any Friendly Local Yarn Stores in my area, so there aren’t really any independents to support.
49) Make gauge swatches or hope for the best?
I like to live dangerously. Rarely make a gauge swatch… although I rarely make projects that really need them.
50) Favourite hook/needle size?
I do 90% of my crochet and knitting with double knit yarn, so usually a 4mm-4.5mm hook/needle.
That’s it! More than 18 months after I started, I’ve finally finished this random craft quiz.