In October, for my 13 Days of Halloween series, I did a piece of art using the 2019 Inktober Tangles challenge.
As I mentioned in that post, there were a few patterns that I felt didn’t get a proper chance in the tiny space they were used for. I wanted to take them away and do a proper piece with them. And so I did.
The first one was DreamDex – which was used in the rightmost ghost.. Here are the steps I found with a Google search.
I did this one in classic black ink, on a square page, and I really like how it looks.
The next pattern, Ratoon, is what I used for the left most witch. Google lead me to these steps:
I wasn’t sure how to repeat this one, so I just did a simple piece.
Here’s Well Well Who, from the middle gravestone.
I did an instance of this one, in sparkly glittery pink…
…then decided to expand it to a full piece. With a colour block background because I thought more pattern would have been too much.
Nik, used for the witch in the air, presented me with a bit more trouble. It looks simple enough.
But doing it freehand looked too messy.
Using a ruler looked… weird.
I did get something semi-decent in the end though.
I do like learning new tangles. I have a whole folder on my computer of tangles to try out. Which I will maybe possibly get to one day maybe.
One thought on “Bonus Halloween Zentangle”