When compiling ideas for this series I had a look at what was available on Cricut Access. One of the ones I found was this happy skeleton dude.
I hid the banner, and the envelope, because I wasn’t interested in those. Then I cut out the black backing, on card.
Then, after looking at it carefully, I put these bits in the bin and cut the correct parts from black card.
I may have cut off one of his fingers by accident.
Then I cut out the white parts on white vinyl.
Lining it up was fun. You didn’t really get a second chance. As soon as the vinyl touched the card it was stuck. So it isn’t perfect, but nothing I make ever is.
I couldn’t figure out why I had a spare pelvis. I looked closely at the layers and found this, but I still don’t know why it’s there.
Time to attach. The instructions say to use brads, which was fine. There weren’t any holes or cuts in the pattern though. I did consider adding them on Design Space but I couldn’t be bothered basically.
I used a pointy tool to poke holes in all the right places, and a craft knife to make a small slice so the “pins” of the brad would go through.
Putting a brad through the bowtie just didn’t work…
… but eventually I had Brad assembled.
I wasn’t completely happy with him – there were some issues – including the pins of the brads facing the wrong way – so I decided to make a Brad Jr.
I fiddled with the size and scale a bit – made him a bit chonkier so that there was more room for the brad holes. And I cut the base out of white card.
I coloured in his bowtie, and I did little cross cuts instead of slits for the brads. That meant that when I constructed him I could position the pins so that they were hidden.
It wasn’t without issue though. This time I fully broke his wrist.
For Brad Jr, I did his detail in black vinyl, and it looked a lot cleaner.
It has just occurred to me though that he doesn’t have a mouth. Brad Jr isn’t much of a talker.