These little crack decals from Burton Avenue are listed as creepy, but I can’t help but find them cute.
But whether they’re creepy or cute or a third adjective altogether, I had to do them.
I aligned all the pieces on one mat, and used scrap pieces of vinyl.
I’ve gotten into the habit of reverse weeding, so I applied transfer tape to the cracks. I was going to cut this into five, so I had five seperate decals I could apply later. It was nearly impossible to see the cuts though.
A lightbox helped me see where to cut and I had five odd shaped decals. Weeding them was easy, but I realised I wasn’t going to be able to make complete decals this way. I wouldn’t be able to get the eyes on without peeling the vinyl from the transfer tape.
After sorting the eyes I had five pairs of decals, ready to be applied when I figured out where.
Smudge helped me place the first one.
And I found homes for the whole set in various places around my house.