This blog was supposed to be about a spooky letter banner that said Happy Halloween.
But then it cut like this.
And I was too tired and stressed to deal with it. So I searched Cricut Access and found myself a simpler project.
Cutting was not exactly smooth sailing. When I applied the transfer tape and flipped it over, after I removed the backing paper I discovered that the vinyl wasn’t cut all the way through.
This particular sheet of vinyl was from a pack of randoms from SignMakingAndSupplies, and I had no idea what type or brand it was. This little exercise taught me that it was THICC though.
I cut again, using a deeper setting, and selecting “more” on the pressure option. And when it had finished I checked it before I unloaded the mat. Then, because it hadn’t cut through, I sent it through the Cricut again.
Finally I had my skull. Time to weed.
This took a lot longer than anticipated too. And it was difficult to see, even with a light box. Plus, because I was reverse weeding I was getting very sticky. I ended up using a piece of silicone paper to lean on.
Eventually I had it weeded and ready to be applied. Unlike the project from Cricut Access, I wasn’t going to put mine on a pumpkin. Instead, I put it on this shiny copper notebook I got for my birthday. It’s so very pretty!