Let’s continue the round up of all the Scrawlr Boxes I’ve got sitting in my “Blogs to Write” folder.
June had Jackman’s Pearlescent Watercolour Pots.
Unfortunately they’d leaked a teeny bit and glued their own lids on, and at least one of them had broken in shipping. I rescued the paint, but it was a very very messy process.
But once I’d started, the swatching was fun.
And the creating of art went on for quite a while too.
July was alcohol inks. And I loved the colour palette.
I really should have heeded the warnings about using these in a ventilated room, but I had a lot of fun with them.
This is one I didn’t get, but you can check it out here on the Previous Boxes section of the Scrawlr Box site..
Another one I didn’t get. You can check it out here.
Swatching and art went well too.
This was another box that I didn’t get. You can find it here.
December’s box was shiny! I LOVED these supplies. I loved the Spectrum Noir paint markers so much I may have bought a whole bunch more. Hopefully I’ll get to that blog at some point in the not-too-distant future.
I could have swatched these things all day. They were so good.
And then the art! These are some of the pieces I’m most proud of with my Scrawlr Box art.
Just look at that shine!
I didn’t get this box, but I kinda wish I did now. Luckily the Previous Boxes page on the Scrawlr Box website exists. As long as they’re in stock, you can buy old boxes. Usually at a discount too. There’s nearly always a sale of some kind.
February at first looked like it had the same Graphitint paints from the November before, but it turned out to be a different Derwent paint palette, just in the same kind of case. This time, pastels!
Pastels are one of my current art obsessions, so I was more than happy with these.
March’s box was about robots. I can’t remember if there was a deliberate connection to March of Robots, or if it was just a coincidence.
The markers were a nice range of greys, and a purple is always a cool addition.
The guest artist print for April was so freaking awesome. Look at that tiger! You can find the genius behind it here.
The brush liner was very dry – I don’t know if it’s meant to be like that or not – and I had trouble controlling it as I always do with brush pens.
My tiger-ish monster turned out okay, but I wasn’t too happy with it.
So I got out my trusty Boldmere colouring pencils, swatched them out and did a very colourful snek on the toned paper.
Then, to give the pencils from the box a second chance I did a monster.
That leaves us with just three boxes to get up to date – not including August. In theory, I can write individual blog posts for those. We’ll just have to see I guess.
Leave a Reply